Wednesday, June 06, 2007

leaving on a jet plane.

such a corny title, i know, but i guess it's how thing will be. i'm sad to leave. i'm terrified to leave. i'm excited to go home. i'm happy to see my family.

last night we all went out to dinner... we all being me and 10 other paddlers... it was only supposed to be a small thing, but i was THRILLED to see everyone one last time outside of the context of a drunken easkey weekend.

tomorrow morning, i'm going to get into a car with WAY more shit than i came over here with and then fly away back to america... my belly turns into a rock of anticipation just thinking of it.

i'll miss:
relaxed schoolwork
paddling with everyone here
thinking nothing of a pint or five on a random night
ucc campus
the river lee
the paddlers.
green hills in every direction
the smell of turf
cuddles
living by myself
going out on the piss
learning in a group re: paddling
the clubs and nightlife
feeling connected
crazy party weekends that go into history
seeing rainbows
the irish accent all around me and within me
sausages for brekkie


i'm excited for:
giving my family their prezzies
getting to camp, meeting new people
learning some wiki wiki moves in my own boat (but i'll have no one to show them off to *tear*)
cheaper drink
reuniting with my smith friends
sleeping in my futon
with clean sheets
and not having to buy my own toilet paper
riiiiise and shiiiiine and give god your gloryglory
figuring out my life from here
buying things and not having to worry about how i'm going to pack them


ohhh man i'm going to miss it here though. there's so much here for me.

so here's what'll happen with this blog: i've got an entry or two more for you with photos from easky weekend and the dinner last night, (i'll probably plug 'em in in chronological order, before this one) ..i've a writeup for joy, i'll put that in here too... and i'll probably leave it all at that. i don't want a consistent blog up online anymore. just for travels, and this year.

love, chris.

No comments: